- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- 'No place for Shia'
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens More
KUALA LUMPUR: A 63-year-old part-time professor of anthropology at Open University Malaysia collapsed and died while delivering a lecture at its campus in Jalan Tun Ismail yesterday.
Professor Dr Mohamed Yusoff Ismail was halfway through the anthropology class when he collapsed.
Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Zainuddin Ahmad said Yusoff was rushed to Kuala Lumpur Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival at 10.30am.
He said the deceased's family, however, did not agree to a post-mortem examination, as they strongly suspected the 63-year-old had died from complications arising from diabetes.
A police report was lodged by Yusoff's son, Ahmad Mazlan, at the Dang Wangi police headquarters.