- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- Forest fire affects water source in Kampung Raja
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- Zulfahmi concerned about machine
- Petronas, partners to sell 10pc of LNG project
- HOCKEY: Young Guns fired up for revenge
- Accumulate Hovid shares, says CIMB
- Johor disputes Singapore's statement over water rights
- Anwar sodomy trial: Defence witness was not consistent with his testimony More
KUALA LUMPUR: A 63-year-old part-time professor of anthropology at Open University Malaysia collapsed and died while delivering a lecture at its campus in Jalan Tun Ismail yesterday.
Professor Dr Mohamed Yusoff Ismail was halfway through the anthropology class when he collapsed.
Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Zainuddin Ahmad said Yusoff was rushed to Kuala Lumpur Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival at 10.30am.
He said the deceased's family, however, did not agree to a post-mortem examination, as they strongly suspected the 63-year-old had died from complications arising from diabetes.
A police report was lodged by Yusoff's son, Ahmad Mazlan, at the Dang Wangi police headquarters.