- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- MH370 Tragedy: 6-hour data collected by Bluefin-21 being analysed
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- 'Anwar out to fool people with absurd statement'
- Commotion breaks out at Perak-JDT match
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub aborts again
- Durian odour triggers patient evacuation at Melbourne hospital
- Bentong Bus Crash: Driver tested positive for drugs
- MH370 Tragedy: First foray of mini-sub finds nothing of interest
- MH370 Tragedy: Bunga Mas Enam sails off to help SAR
- Call traced to co-pilot's phone
- UPDATE : 2 dead as S. Korea ferry with 476 passengers sinks More
KOTA BHARU: Proprimas Holdings Sdn Bhd (Proprimas), which manages the 'Program Perumahan Ihsan Malaysia' (Malaysia Compassionate Housing Programme) proposes to build 1,000 units of houses in the country next year to cater to the population in the low-income bracket.
Its chief executive officer, Datuk Dr Baha Nordin, said the programme, which would use the prefabricated concept, would be launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in February next year.
Government staff and pensioners, particularly ex-servicemen, who do not own homes, would benefit from the programme, he told reporters after a briefing on
the programme here today.
More than 1,000 potential house-owners were at the briefing, which was also attended by Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) contractors development manager Saini Saidi and Malaysian Ex-Servicemen's Association president Datuk Muhammad Abdul Ghani.
Dr Baha said Proprimas has identified 120 contractors, 16 of them in Kelantan, who have expressed interest to participate in the projects.
According to him, the construction would take between one month and two months, depending on the financial application process.
On the response to the programme in Kelantan, Dr Baha said there were 700 applications from the state. - Bernama