- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- Floods fail to deter couple
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death More
PTPTN: Students can repay as low as RM50 a month
TEMERLOH: Students who have taken loans from the National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN) should not have problems repaying their loans as they can settle their dues for as low as RM50 per month.
Its chairman Datuk Ismail Mohamed Said said the PTPTN was also accommodating and prepared to negotiate with borrowers on loan repayment terms.
"It is not our wish to take stern action on students, but it is a reminder for those still owing us to contact us and sort the matter out," he told reporters here today.
He said PTPTN was disappointed that students who have succeeded in getting employment have not only failed to pay back their loans, they have also ignored reminder notices.
Until February, PTPTN provided loans to 1.95 million students involving RM43.6 billion.
Ismail, who is also Kuala Krau Member of Parliament, said until February, 1,201,726 students had opened National Education Savings Scheme (SSPN) accounts involving savings of RM598.22 million. -- BERNAMA