- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- Malaysia's national economic transformation initiatives won world's accolades
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- DELIGHTFUL READ
- Why Umno must embrace social media faster
- SHOWBIZ: More than OK
- Residents in Kuantan resuming daily routine More
Public Complaints Bureau resolves 72pc grouses in Q1
PUTRAJAYA: The Public Complaints Bureau (PCB) in the Prime Minister's Department resolved 2,315 cases or 72.3 per cent of the 3,20l complaints it received in the first quarter of this year, from Jan 1 to March 31.
A total of 1,917 or 59.9 per cent of the complaints were made against ministries, departments and federal government agencies while 1,284 or 40.1 per cent were complaints against state government agencies, PCB said in a statement today.
Some 1,413 or 73.7 per cent of the complaints resolved were against ministries, departments and federal government agencies, it said.
At state level, from the 1,284 complaints received, 902 (70.2 per cent) have been resolved.
The Selangor state government received the most number of complaints, 239 cases. Of the number, 113 or 47.3 per cent were resolved, it said.
The statement also said that members of the public who wished to obtain detailed information and updates on the complaints received and resolved can access PCB's portal at www.pcb.gov.my.
Meanwhile, complaints relating to the Public Accounts Committee, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and Legal Aid Bureau, as well as government policies, family or personal issues and civil claims between individuals or companies will not be accepted. -- BERNAMA