- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- End near if self denial continues
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB More
Razali: Umno Youth to abide by party decision on electoral candidates
MUAR: Umno Youth will respect and abide by the decision of the party leadership on the selection of candidates to represent the wing in the next general election, its vice-chief, Datuk Razali Ibrahim, said today.
He said he himself would accept the leadership's decision even if he was not chosen for re-election to the Muar parliamentary seat.
"What's the point of having many candidates from the movement to contest in the general election if they cannot secure a win for the BN (Barisan Nasional).
"What is important is for Umno Youth to have winnable candidates," he told reporters at his Aidilfitri open house in Kampung Sri Menanti, here.
Razali, who is Deputy Youth and Sports Minister, said Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaludin had submitted the list of potential candidates to represent the movement to party president Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He said Umno Youth members should place party interests above personal interests and work hard to ensure the victory of BN candidates. -- BERNAMA