- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- 5 killed in crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- The real Bonnie and Clyde
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on
- 'No place for Shia' More
Razali: Umno Youth to abide by party decision on electoral candidates
MUAR: Umno Youth will respect and abide by the decision of the party leadership on the selection of candidates to represent the wing in the next general election, its vice-chief, Datuk Razali Ibrahim, said today.
He said he himself would accept the leadership's decision even if he was not chosen for re-election to the Muar parliamentary seat.
"What's the point of having many candidates from the movement to contest in the general election if they cannot secure a win for the BN (Barisan Nasional).
"What is important is for Umno Youth to have winnable candidates," he told reporters at his Aidilfitri open house in Kampung Sri Menanti, here.
Razali, who is Deputy Youth and Sports Minister, said Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaludin had submitted the list of potential candidates to represent the movement to party president Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He said Umno Youth members should place party interests above personal interests and work hard to ensure the victory of BN candidates. -- BERNAMA