- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- 5 killed in crash
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Thai political protests spread outside Bangkok
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final More
Sandakan: In a freak twist of fate, a restaurateur fatally stabbed herself when she slipped and fell on a six-inch knife she was holding at her restaurant in Taman Yeng Seng near here today.
Cynthia Tan Kian Hoon, 41, a mother of two, succumbed to a single stab wound, minutes later, at the kitchen of Restoran Hello about 6.20am.
The police do not suspect foul play.
District acting police chief Supt Fadzil Mohd Ali said Tan was about to begin her usual routine of cutting vegetables and onions at the kitchen of the restaurant when the mishap occurred. He said the knife had pierced the right side of the victim's chest when she slipped on the floor.
"Her younger brother and a male worker who were at the front of the restaurant, heard her screams for help and went to her aid.
"An ambulance from the Duchess of Kent Hospital was despatched to the scene but Tan was already dead," said Fadzil.
He said a post-mortem by the hospital's pathologist revealed a severed artery as the cause of death. -- Bernama