- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Indonesia says Singapore 'behaving like a child' over haze
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- Islam is my driving force, says author
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Family members hold seventh-day prayers More
Sandakan: In a freak twist of fate, a restaurateur fatally stabbed herself when she slipped and fell on a six-inch knife she was holding at her restaurant in Taman Yeng Seng near here today.
Cynthia Tan Kian Hoon, 41, a mother of two, succumbed to a single stab wound, minutes later, at the kitchen of Restoran Hello about 6.20am.
The police do not suspect foul play.
District acting police chief Supt Fadzil Mohd Ali said Tan was about to begin her usual routine of cutting vegetables and onions at the kitchen of the restaurant when the mishap occurred. He said the knife had pierced the right side of the victim's chest when she slipped on the floor.
"Her younger brother and a male worker who were at the front of the restaurant, heard her screams for help and went to her aid.
"An ambulance from the Duchess of Kent Hospital was despatched to the scene but Tan was already dead," said Fadzil.
He said a post-mortem by the hospital's pathologist revealed a severed artery as the cause of death. -- Bernama