- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- MISSING MH370: How can jet disappear?
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Boeing joining Malaysia crash investigation
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: China 'deploys satellites' in search for Malaysia plane
- MISSING MH370: Help from bomohs must be in accordance to Islam
- MISSING MH370: MAS to allocate 31,000 Yuan financial assistance
- MISSING MH370: A missing plane and emotional reunion on Twitter
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: No objects found
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370 More
KUALA LUMPUR: A restaurant worker suffered 80 percent burn in a gas explosion at a restaurant in Jalan Bukit Bintang near Low Yat Plaza here today.
The worker in his 30s suffered burn injuries on the back and hands in the noon incident.
Hang Tuah Fire and Rescue Department chief Halim Mustaffa said four fire engines from Hang Tuah and Jalan Pudu Fire station together with 24 firemen were deployed to the area after receiving a call at 12.50pm.
“We reached three minutes later. By the time we get there, the fire had dwindled. We took 10 minutes to put out the fire,” said Halim.
He said the victim has been taken to Kuala Lumpur Hospital for further treatment.
“Initial investigation showed that the incident happened in the kitchen area on the first floor of the two-storey building restaurant when the victim went up on the leakage after smelling of gas,” said Halim.
He said the explosion only caused damages to the kitchen area.
Although the explosion may have been caused by gas leakage, Halim said the exact cause is still being investigated by the Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue forensics team.
It is understood that there were three workers in the restaurant when the incident happened. All of them were on the ground floor when they smell of gas.
The power suddenly went off. At that point one of them went up to check on the source of the gas smell when the explosion occurred.
It is also understood that the restaurant only been opened six months ago.