- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
TAWAU: Assistant Finance Minister Datuk Tawfiq Abu Bakar Titingan says the RM10 billion investment in Sabah in first quarter 2012 is proof of investors confidence in the Barisan Nasional (BN) government.
He said investors would not risk making big investment in Sabah if they were not confident in the government and political stability in Sabah and Malaysia.
"I was informed by Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) that the investments include oil and gas sector on the Sabah west coast," he said
when presenting offer letters to repair houses of fishermen here today.
One of the investors is US-based company Darden Restaurants Inc which will invest RM2 billion on a lobster breeding project in Semporna.
The project to be implemented by a network of world class restaurants will provide economic spillovers to Sabahans, including job opportunities.
Tawfiq urged the people to remain united and preserve the peace under the BN government to ensure that more local and foreign investors invest in Sabah. Bernama