- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Preparing for the politics of change
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Faiq overcomes the odds
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash More
TAWAU: Assistant Finance Minister Datuk Tawfiq Abu Bakar Titingan says the RM10 billion investment in Sabah in first quarter 2012 is proof of investors confidence in the Barisan Nasional (BN) government.
He said investors would not risk making big investment in Sabah if they were not confident in the government and political stability in Sabah and Malaysia.
"I was informed by Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) that the investments include oil and gas sector on the Sabah west coast," he said
when presenting offer letters to repair houses of fishermen here today.
One of the investors is US-based company Darden Restaurants Inc which will invest RM2 billion on a lobster breeding project in Semporna.
The project to be implemented by a network of world class restaurants will provide economic spillovers to Sabahans, including job opportunities.
Tawfiq urged the people to remain united and preserve the peace under the BN government to ensure that more local and foreign investors invest in Sabah. Bernama