- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- 17 shoplots gutted in morning blaze
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Petronas reports major gas find
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- House owners return to begin the big clean-up
- Sleeping passenger locked in plane at Houston airport
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers More
RM9mil compassionate money to repair houses in Kelantan
BACHOK: The federal government has allocated RM9 million compassionate money for 4,500 poor families in Kelantan to repair their houses.
Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Dr Awang Adek Hussin said the money would be distributed to the poor families very soon, through the 45 state constituencies in Kelantan.
"Each state constituency will get RM200,000 to be distributed to the poor families eligible for the house-repair aid," he told reporters after presenting aid totalling RM337,000 to 448 storm victims in Jelawat here today.
Awang Adek, who is also Kelantan Compassionate Money Distribution Committee chairman, said the eligibility of recipient of the house-repair aid would be determined by the Federal Village Development and Security Committee in the respective constituencies.
He said the recipients would receive RM2,000 each to repair their houses, including roof, walls and floor. Bernama