- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- New passport improvement
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- U.S. academics back BP in oil spill payouts battle
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case More
Road closure for Pudu Sentral UTC opening ceremony
KUALA LUMPUR: Part of Jalan Pudu and Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock here will be closed from 12 midnight on Thursday to 6 am Monday to accommodate preparations for the official launching of the Urban Transformation Centre (UTC) at Pudu Sentral.
According to the Ministry of Finance statement today, the main stage and canopies for guests would be set up in the area for the scheduled opening ceremony by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, this Saturday.
Several other roads would also be closed in stages between 9 am and 3 pm on the same day, said the statement.
They include Jalan Pudu/Jalan Imbi, Jalan Pudu/Jalan Bukit Bintang, Jalan Pudu/Jalan Galloway, Jalan Pudu/Jalan Robertson, Jalan Pudu/Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock/Jalan Petaling, Jalan Tun Perak/Jalan Raja Chulan, Jalan Raja Chulan/Jalan Ampang, Jalan Tun Perak/Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Jalan Tun Perak/Jalan Leboh Ampang and Jalan Sultan/Jalan Tun Tan Siew Sin.
UTC is a one stop centre introduced by the government to ease the urban public's access to services offered by government and private sector agencies and non-governmental organisations.
The first centre was opened in Melaka in June. Pudu Sentral is the second. Bernama