- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- End near if self denial continues
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club More
Robbers flee with RM190,000 belonging to money changer
PETALING JAYA: A worker and a security guard of a money exchange outlet were injured in an armed robbery in which six or seven robbers fled with cash of RM190,000 near a shopping mall, here, tonight.
Petaling Jaya police chief, ACP Arjunaidi Mohamad said the two victims were with another worker and driver in a Honda Accord car heading towards the shopping mall when they were ambushed by the robbers who were in a Proton Waja, two Naza Citra cars and on a motorcycle in the 7.30pm incident.
He said some shots were fired at the victims' car, injuring the security guard who was seated on the front passenger seat.
"One of the workers seated in the back was also injured when he was assaulted by one of the robbers with an iron rod," he told reporters at the scene.
Arjunaidi said the robbers took off after grabbing a bag containing the money from the back seat of the Honda Accord.
The injured were sent to the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre. -- BERNAMA