- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FATAL CRASH
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs
- Adopt affordability based payment mechanism: Umno Kelantan
- FLOOD : 2 roads in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu closed due to erosion More
TANJUNG MALIM -- The prime minister's wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor was today conferred an honorary PhD degree in early childhood education by Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI), here.
The honorary degree was awarded to Rosmah, who is also the Permata Negara president, in recognition of her immense contribution to early childhood educational development and to empowering women.
UPSI chancellor, Raja Puan Besar Perak Tuanku Zara presented the PhD honorary degree to Rosmah at a special session of the university's 14th convocation ceremony, here.
Also present were the Raja Muda of Perak Raja Dr Nazrin Shah, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Khaled Nordin and Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir.
In her acceptance speech, Rosmah said she dedicated the honorary doctorate to all those involved in the formulation and implementation of the Permata programme, the educators and Permata children. -- Bernama