- Dr M: Umno contest may prove detrimental
- Crying need to solve haze problem
- Return RM1.8 Million: “No man should enrich himself unjustly,” rules judge
- Water cuts in KL, Selangor
- Tabung Haji quota reduced by 20 per cent
- 'Continuous piling will damage other buildings'
- Developer ordered to pay back RM1.8m in condo fees
- A 78kg monster
- New threats to palm oil
- PM urges caution as haze worsens
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Proton to cut prices on all models
- Thai Buddhist monks criticized for lavish behavior
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity
- Football: Ferguson's first Man Utd team sheet for sale More
PAPAR: Puteri Umno chief Datuk Rosnah Abdul Rashid Shirlin says the opposition's claim that the Barisan Nasional (BN) government is cruel is a lie to get the people not to support BN.
She said the people instead, were now enjoying various forms of aid given by the government as a result of the transformation process and improvements made by the government for the good and prosperity of the people.
Aid such as BR1M, K1M, KR1M, KARISMA, Menu 1Malaysia, PRIMA and the Amanah Rakyat 1Malaysia Scheme were introduced by the prime minister to lessen the effects of the rising cost of living on Malaysians.
"Is this an oppressive BN government if it has given the people one form of aid after another to lessen their financial burden?" she said when opening the Mukim Biau 3S programme, here, today.
Rosnah, who is also Deputy Health Minister, said the abolition of the Internal Security Act and introduction of the Peaceful Assembly Act proved that the BN government was fair and just.
"The governmernt listens to the laments of the people even if they are from the opposition. This is because what is important to the government is looking into the people's problems in their own interest and the country's," she said.
Rosnah believes the people will be wise in choosing their leaders or a government in the coming general election in ensuring a better future for themselves. -- BERNAMA