- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- SHOWBIZ: More than OK
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Malaysia's national economic transformation initiatives won world's accolades
- DELIGHTFUL READ
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- Residents in Kuantan resuming daily routine
- East Timorese stone Australian embassy in spying row
- Why Umno must embrace social media faster
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final More
BUSAN: A 24-year-old South Korean woman was found dead in an apparent suicide out of despair following the death of her pet dog, Yonhap news agency reported, citing police on Tuesday.
The local woman, identified only by her surname Kim, was found dead a day earlier in a restroom of her residence in Busan, some 450 kilometres southeast of Seoul, alongside burned briquettes, while embracing her dead dog, according to the police.
The police suspect that Kim used the gas from the briquettes to poison herself.
A suicide note was found at the scene, which read, "I want to stay with my dog. Please bury us together."
"We (police) believe that she had committed suicide last week following the death of the dog she raised for several years," Yonhap quoted police as saying.
Kim had lived on her own for the past four years with her dog after being separated from her parents who did not want to raise the dog which was old and suffering from kidney dysfunction.
While, one of her colleagues, who first found Kim, told police, "She had failed to report to the office since last Friday without any notice. But she had never hinted at her death until Thursday." -- BERNAMA