- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Celebrations on hold
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
Sabah to send largest delegation to Umno General Assembly
KOTA KINABALU: More than 600 Umno delegates from Sabah will attend the Umno General Assembly to be held for five days beginning Nov 29 at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) in the federal capital.
State Umno Liaison chairman and Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman said the delegation this year would be the largest compared to the previous years.
"I also urge all division heads to constantly update their machinery to face the coming general election.
"Although we don't now when the general election will be held, our party, especially Umno, must make early preparation so that we will always be in a state of preparedness," he told reporters after chairing the Sabah Umno meeting at the Umno Building, here last night.
Musa, who is also the State Finance Minister, said the meeting also discussed the State Legislative Assembly sitting and the 2012 State Budget to be tabled today. -- BERNAMA