- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured More
Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
KUALA TERENGGANU: In just one breath and a dowry of RM41,101, Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan and TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman today became husband and wife.
They were solemnised at 3.30pm by the bride's father, Megat Deraman Megat Stan, and witnessed by about 100 family members and close friends at the Crystal Mosque in Pulau Wan Man here.
Mohd Saiful, 28, also presented his bride with nine trays of bridal gifts, while Nik Suryani, 33, reciprocated with 11 trays of gifts.
Although his image was tarnished by the sodomy case involving PKR de factor leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Mohd Saiful vowed to live a normal life and hoped that his marriage with Nik Suryani, 33, would last forever.
"I'm grateful that my prayers to marry Nik Suryani were answered and I truly hope that we will be able to face the future together. I believe this marriage will give me strength to face whatever challenges that may come my way," he told reporters after the solemnisation ceremony.
Mohd Saiful, who is former personal assistant of Anwar, made the news when he claimed that he was forcefully sodomised by Anwar at Desa Damansara Condominium in 2008.
His father, Azlan Mohd Lazim, who shocked the nation on March 8 when he said the sodomy case was part of a political conspiracy to destroy Anwar but retracted the statement on May 1, was also seen at the solemnisation ceremony.
Meanwhile, Nik Suryani said she was grateful that she and Mohd Saiful had taken their relationship to another level by becoming husband and wife, admitting that the reason she chose Mohd Saiful was because he was an honest and strong-spirited man.
"I met him for the first time when I was covering his case at the court and we became close friends. Throughout our relationship, I never give a second thought about the (sodomy) case. I just go with the flow," she said.
The couple's wedding reception hosted by the bride's family is scheduled to take place at the Islamic Civilisation Park convention hall at 8pm tonight, while the reception hosted by the groom's family will be held at Seri Melayu Restaurant in Jalan Conlay, Kuala Lumpur, on June 2. -- BERNAMA