- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
SIMPLE AFFAIR: Security may be tightened, says groom
KUALA LUMPUR: THERE will be low-key wedding receptions for Saiful Bukhari Mohd Azlan and TV3 newscaster Nik Suryani Megat Deraman, who will be getting married on May 25.
"We prefer a simple ceremony over a lavish one as both of us cannot afford expensive receptions," said Nik Suryani, 33, when contacted by the New Straits Times yesterday.
She said her reception would be held at Taman Tamadun Islam Convention Centre in Kuala Terengganu on May 25 at 8pm and would be attended by family members, relatives and close friends.
The akad nikah (solemnisation) ceremony will be held at Masjid Kristal in Kuala Terengganu earlier on the same day.
"Luckily, I managed to get a good discount from the centre through my contacts," Nik Suryani said, adding that she also got fashion designer Zang Toi to design and sponsor her wedding gown.
She said Saiful's reception would be held on June 2 at Seri Melayu Restaurant in Jalan Conlay, here.
On how they got to know each other, Nik Suryani said she would reveal the details at her reception dinner.
"I want it to be a sweet surprise for everyone. We will only reveal the details at the dinner," she said, adding that she had been engaged to Saiful since Oct 28 last year.
"All I want is (for it to be) a smooth affair," said Saiful, adding that he had made some enemies, especially among supporters of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
"I wish for (Nik Suryani's) safety."
Saiful said he may consider tightening security for both receptions.
His father, Azlan Mohd Lazim, said he was happy that his son was getting married and that the couple had his blessings.