- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search for vanished Malaysia jet widens as frustrations grow
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Local media gather at Tok Bali maritime base
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Blame game not helping: Tun M
- MISSING MH370: Baggage of 5 who did not fly 'clean': DCA
- MISSING MH370: Families cling to faint hopes: psychologist More
SIMPLE AFFAIR: Security may be tightened, says groom
KUALA LUMPUR: THERE will be low-key wedding receptions for Saiful Bukhari Mohd Azlan and TV3 newscaster Nik Suryani Megat Deraman, who will be getting married on May 25.
"We prefer a simple ceremony over a lavish one as both of us cannot afford expensive receptions," said Nik Suryani, 33, when contacted by the New Straits Times yesterday.
She said her reception would be held at Taman Tamadun Islam Convention Centre in Kuala Terengganu on May 25 at 8pm and would be attended by family members, relatives and close friends.
The akad nikah (solemnisation) ceremony will be held at Masjid Kristal in Kuala Terengganu earlier on the same day.
"Luckily, I managed to get a good discount from the centre through my contacts," Nik Suryani said, adding that she also got fashion designer Zang Toi to design and sponsor her wedding gown.
She said Saiful's reception would be held on June 2 at Seri Melayu Restaurant in Jalan Conlay, here.
On how they got to know each other, Nik Suryani said she would reveal the details at her reception dinner.
"I want it to be a sweet surprise for everyone. We will only reveal the details at the dinner," she said, adding that she had been engaged to Saiful since Oct 28 last year.
"All I want is (for it to be) a smooth affair," said Saiful, adding that he had made some enemies, especially among supporters of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
"I wish for (Nik Suryani's) safety."
Saiful said he may consider tightening security for both receptions.
His father, Azlan Mohd Lazim, said he was happy that his son was getting married and that the couple had his blessings.