- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
KUALA LUMPUR: The Public Service Department has issued a circular on civil servants' salary schedule in line with the government decision to implement salary adjustment of seven to 13 per cent based on the Malaysian Remuneration System (SSM).
The circular, uploaded on the PSD website www.jpa.gov.my on Friday, enable civil servants to check the schedule and automatically calculate the new salary for Federal Civil Service. The new salaries are effective from Jan 1, 2012.
PSD director-general Tan Sri Abu Bakar Abdullah said the circular was to implement the 13 per cent salary increase of between RM80 and RM320 for Management and Professional Group and the Implementation Group.
"Officers in the Senior Management Group will receive an increase of seven to nine per cent adjustment based on the percentage set," he said in the circular.
With enforcement of the circular, the salary schedule for Federal Public Service under SSM before Jan 1, 2012 and several provisions of services, including implementation of the circular under the Public Service New Remuneration Scheme is cancelled.
Abu Bakar said the principles of the new salary increase were based on basic salary on Dec 31, 2011 and the percentage of increase by grade.
Based on the salary schedule, the 13 per cent salary increase is given to Implementation Group officers (Grade 1-40), Management and Professional Group (Grade 41-54).
Whereas the increase of seven per cent is given to the Senior Management Group (Grade VU1, VU2 and equivalent), eight per cent (VU3, VU4 and equivalent) and nine per cent (VU7-VU5 and equivalent).
Implementation of the new salary covers permanent, temporary and contract officers and temporary teachers, except those sacked on or before Jan 1, 2012 and officers who retired before that date.
He said the salary increase did not change the officers date of salary movement, allowances and facilities under SSM except that the rate or eligibility was based on the salary or wages.
The circular is also distributed to all state public services and local authorities subject to acceptance by the respective authorities. Bernama