- Car ploughs into wedding guests, kills child
- Rapper PSY met with boos at Italian Cup final
- Man found dead in police lock-up
- Hafizh lands maiden Moto2 podium in Aragon
- 'Umno to head Penang BN if Gerakan, MCA decline'
- Thieves break into ATMs at 2 places
- Sudirman Cup 2013 results
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- Nicol fails to retain British Open Squash title
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- Policeman lost his pistol to snatch thief
- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- Close call between airliner, military helicopter
- Red Bull & Ferrari protest at Mercedes testing
- Chickening out More
Seremban: A teacher had a rude shock when a sand lorry crashed into and damaged half her home in Taman Bukit Kepayang, here, yesterday.
The 10.30am incident is believed to have occurred when the driver of the three-tonne lorry lost control while going downhill, before hitting a tractor and crashing into the house.
S. Nalini, 43, a teacher from Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Bukit Mewah here, said during the incident only the maid was home, while her children were in school.
"I am just glad the children were not home during the incident as they would normally be playing outside the house when they are home. If they were home, something tragic could have occurred," she said.
The driver of the tractor, S. Paramasivam, 37, said he was heading to a project site nearby when suddenly the sand lorry came crashing into the front portion of the vehicle.
"I almost fell off due to the impact. After crashing into my tractor, the lorry only came to a stop after crashing into the house. Luckily, nobody was hurt in the incident," he said.