- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- New Xbox more than a game console
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Bollywood bad boy Dutt held in 'terrorist' jail cell: report
- Malaysia can become great through balanced education: Idris
- Bumiputeras can now afford to be involved in equity investments: Shahrir
- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Nokia's affordable handphones More
Seaport Terminal wins Penang Port privatisation bid
KUALA LUMPUR: Seaport Terminal (Johor) Sdn Bhd is the successful bidder for the proposed privatisation of Penang Port Sdn Bhd.
"Nevertheless, negotiations with the company on the privatisation agreement is still ongoing," Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha told Dewan Rakyat
He said among the terms of the agreement was for the company to bear the cost of dredging works to deepen the Penang Port channel.
Kong said this in a written reply to Chong Eng (DAP-Bukit Mertajam) who had asked for an update on the Penang Port privatisation. -- BERNAMA