- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans More
BUKIT MERTAJAM: The Catholic Diocese of Penang later today will welcome its fifth bishop, Monsignor Sebastian Francis.
More than 6,000 people are expected to attend the or dination and installation ceremony of the new bishop to be held at the Church of St Anne here.
Archbishop of Kuala Lumpur Tan Sri Murphy Pakiam is expected to preside over the mass which will be con- celebrated by Malacca-Johor Diocese's Bishop Paul Tan and Bishop Emeritus Antony Selvanayagam - - Bishop Sebas tian’s predecessor - who led the Penang Diocese since 1983.
Present also will be the Pope's representative Monsignor Marek Zalewski, who serves as the Charge d'Affaires of the Apostolic Nunciature in Kuala Lumpur.
Also expected to be present will be Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and Information, Communication and Culture deputy minister Senator Datuk Maglin Dennis D'Cruz.
Bishop Sebastian, 61, was born in Johor Baru and has been a priest for 35 years.
The Penang Diocese which was established in 1955, covers the states of Kelantan, Perlis, Kedah, Penang and Perak.