- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: Hishammuddin: Four names in flight manifest under probe
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes More
KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) Commission has announced the transfer as well as promotion of 17 senior police officers.
According to a PDRM headquarters statement, Federal Police (Bukit Aman) NKRA secretariat chief Datuk Wira Ayub Yaakob maintains his current post with an acting Comissioner of Police (CP) rank.
Inspector-General of Police (IGP)'s secretariat (Research & Development) chief in Bukit Aman, Datuk Rusli Ahmad has been appointed deputy NKRA secretariat chief with the rank of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP).
Datuk Shabudin Abdul Wahab who is the acting commandant of the PDRM College has been appointed as deputy director of management (Training) of the Management Department in Bukit Aman with acting DCP rank.
IGP's secretariat for Human Resource and Corporate (Research & Development) Senior Assistant Commissioner (SAC) Datuk Zainal Abidin Kasim has been appointed as head of the IGP's secretariat (Research & Development) while Datuk Fatimah Ghazali, who is Pahang deputy police chief has been appointed deputy director II of the CID Department in Bukit Aman.
Fatimah will be replaced by Datuk Mohd Rodwan Mohd Yusof who is deputy director II of Bukit Aman Commercial Crimes Investigation Department (CCID).
Principal assistant director (D6) of Bukit Aman CID Technical Assistance Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) M.Dev Kumar has been promoted to be the IGP's secretariat chief for Human Resource and Corporate (research & development) with the rank of SAC.
Brickfields police chief ACP Wan Abdul Bari Wan Abdul Khalid has been promoted as Public Order Department chief at the Kuala Lumpur police headquarters with an acting SAC rank.
ACP Muhammad Az-Lee Abdullah who had earlier held the head of Police Science Study Unit of PDRM College had been promoted as Brickfields police chief.
Ipoh police chief ACP Azisman Alias has been promoted to be head of Police Science Study Unit of PDRM College while Tawau police chief ACP Ibrahim Chin has been promoted to be Bukit Aman CID Technical Assistance head.
ACP Awang Besar Dullah, the deputy head of CID (Intelligence/Operations) of the Sabah Contingent headquarters, has been promoted as Tawau police chief.
Supt. Sum Chang Keoang, the KL Contingent HQ CCID investigation superindent I, has been promoted as Ipoh police chief with the rank of acting ACP while Bentong police chief Supt. Abdul Aziz Salleh has been promoted as Temerloh police chief with the rank of acting ACP.
KL HQ CID Court Officer, Supt R.Munusamy maintains his current post with his rank upgraded to ACP while Supt Carleel Mohd Effendi, CCID Study Superintendent at PDRM College, is now deputy head of CID Intelligence/Operations) of the Sabah Contingent headquarters with the rank of ACP.
Supt. Adlan Ahmad is promoted to assistant director of Other Commercial Crimes of Bukit Aman CCID with the rank of acting ACP. He is formerly head of credit card crimes investigation unit at Bukit Aman CCID.
All the appointments are with immediate effect. -- BERNAMA