- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Bound and gagged woman, 76, found dead at home
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires More
WASHINGTON: Reigning Wimbledon champ Serena Williams has pulled out of an exhibition match to get treatment for back pain, but she said on Friday that would not keep her out of the London Olympics.
Williams said she needed to rest her back after her two recent titles.
“I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to see my (Washington) DC fans, but can’t wait to go for gold in London,” Williams said.
The American has never won an Olympic singles crown but she hopes to change that when Olympic tennis competitions begin on July 28 at Wimbledon.
Williams won her fifth Wimbledon title earlier this month and a week later she captured the Bank of the West Classic in California.
She announced that she was withdrawing from a World Team Tennis match in Washington on Sunday. She will be replaced by her sister Venus. -- AFP