- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Take photo at counter
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- First catenary traffic light launched
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot More
MIRI: Sesco, Sarawak's sole power supplier, will formulate a short and long-term solution to ensure uninterrupted supply in Miri City, following power outage within a spate of three days here, much to the dismay of consumers.
Sesco regional manager (northern region) Yusri Safri said the cause of the first eight-hour power outage on Aug 18, was due to damaged insulation at the cable termination (the link between the cable and electrical equipment).
Coincidentally, he said, another part of the circuit unexpectedly failed as well, due to excessive current flow,” he said in a statement here today.
Yusri said the cable system appeared vulnerable at the moment, adding that there were possibilities of weak links within the circuit that could trigger unexpected disruption in supply.
"One of the long-term solutions is for Sesco to consider immediate replacement of the entire stretch of the cable system.
"Sesco will also be checking all possible weak points in this cable circuit for immediate improvement works," he said. -- BERNAMA