- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Three people killed in road accident
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
MIRI: Sesco, Sarawak's sole power supplier, will formulate a short and long-term solution to ensure uninterrupted supply in Miri City, following power outage within a spate of three days here, much to the dismay of consumers.
Sesco regional manager (northern region) Yusri Safri said the cause of the first eight-hour power outage on Aug 18, was due to damaged insulation at the cable termination (the link between the cable and electrical equipment).
Coincidentally, he said, another part of the circuit unexpectedly failed as well, due to excessive current flow,” he said in a statement here today.
Yusri said the cable system appeared vulnerable at the moment, adding that there were possibilities of weak links within the circuit that could trigger unexpected disruption in supply.
"One of the long-term solutions is for Sesco to consider immediate replacement of the entire stretch of the cable system.
"Sesco will also be checking all possible weak points in this cable circuit for immediate improvement works," he said. -- BERNAMA