- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster' More
KUALA LUMPUR: Several major roads in the federal capital will be closed in stages from 5pm until 11pm tomorrow for the floats procession in conjunction with Wesak Day.
The celebration involves minor and major processions beginning and ending at the Maha Vihara Temple at Jalan Berhala, Brickfields here.
According to the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) facebook, the roads to be closed are Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad, Jalan Tun Sambathan, Jalan Petaling, Jalan Hang Lekiu, Jalan Raja Chulan, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Jalan Pudu, and Jalan Cheng Lock.
The website added that the roads concerned would be reopened to users once the processions had ended.
In addition, road users are advised not to use the affected roads to avoid being caught in traffic congestion. - Bernama