- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts More
Sex bloggers file revision application over no-bail ruling
KUALA LUMPUR: Sex bloggers Alvin Tan Jye Yee and Vivian Lee May Ling want the High Court to revise the sessions court's decision not to grant them bail after they were charged with three counts of sedition over their Ramadan bak kut teh greeting and pornographic pictures.
Their lawyer Chong Joo Tian told reporters that he filed the revision application at the High Court registry here at 3.50pm.
Sessions Court judge Murtazadi Amran had on Thursday denied Tan and Lee bail after they claimed trial to three charges over their bak kut teh posting mocking Ramadan and the uploading of obscene photographs online.
The prosecution had urged the court to deny them bail as two of the charges were non-bailable offences and that the accused had the tendency to upload contents which could cause public anger.
Tan, a Malaysian, and his Singaporean girlfriend Lee were charged with publishing a seditious photograph on their Facebook page "Alvin and Vivian-Alvivi" with the caption "Selamat Berbuka Puasa (dengan Bak Kut Teh... wangi, enak, menyelerakan!!!)" (Happy Breaking Fast with Bak Kut Teh... fragrant, delicious and appetising!!!) with a halal logo.
Tan, 25, and Lee, 24, were also charged with uploading the photograph, which may cause racial tension, on their Facebook page and the third charge was for exhibiting obscene photographs on their blog.
Tan is currently detained at the Sungai Buloh Prison while Lee at the Kajang Prison.