- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Housemaid dies of shock during house break-in
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia lose 3-4 to Indonesia
- Fatal accident: British victim's family to reclaim body
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- PMR: Girl defies sleeping disorder to score 8A's
- Gang-rape charge for those abetting in one
- Stranded plane blocks runway at South Sudan's Juba Airport
- ASB unitholders to get 7.70 sen for a unit, also one sen bonus for a unit
- IGP's statement was misinterpreted: Sabah CP
- MCA 2013 : Youth passes 17 resolutions for party survival
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- Failed heist at Jalan Ipoh money-lending agency More
Sex bloggers file revision application over no-bail ruling
KUALA LUMPUR: Sex bloggers Alvin Tan Jye Yee and Vivian Lee May Ling want the High Court to revise the sessions court's decision not to grant them bail after they were charged with three counts of sedition over their Ramadan bak kut teh greeting and pornographic pictures.
Their lawyer Chong Joo Tian told reporters that he filed the revision application at the High Court registry here at 3.50pm.
Sessions Court judge Murtazadi Amran had on Thursday denied Tan and Lee bail after they claimed trial to three charges over their bak kut teh posting mocking Ramadan and the uploading of obscene photographs online.
The prosecution had urged the court to deny them bail as two of the charges were non-bailable offences and that the accused had the tendency to upload contents which could cause public anger.
Tan, a Malaysian, and his Singaporean girlfriend Lee were charged with publishing a seditious photograph on their Facebook page "Alvin and Vivian-Alvivi" with the caption "Selamat Berbuka Puasa (dengan Bak Kut Teh... wangi, enak, menyelerakan!!!)" (Happy Breaking Fast with Bak Kut Teh... fragrant, delicious and appetising!!!) with a halal logo.
Tan, 25, and Lee, 24, were also charged with uploading the photograph, which may cause racial tension, on their Facebook page and the third charge was for exhibiting obscene photographs on their blog.
Tan is currently detained at the Sungai Buloh Prison while Lee at the Kajang Prison.