- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Cops seize fake firearms
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- Clearing up the wreckage
- EAT WELL: Salty signals
- Singapore fumes as air pollution hits 16-year high More
PUNE: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has been booked by city police for allegedly insulting the national flag, police said Tuesday.
Police in the western Indian Pune city brought the case against the actor on Aug 14 after Lok Janshakti Party national secretary Ravi Brahme claimed the 46-year-old actor had insulted the flag in a video purportedly uploaded on Youtube.
"Shah Rukh Khan has been booked under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act 1971. The case has been transferred to Mumbai police for further investigation. The case documents consist some photos and videos," Press Trust of Inida quoted a police officer as saying.
Brahme had recently lodged a complaint against Mumbai-based model Gehna Vashisht for allegedly insulting the national flag by wearing it as a bikini.
She was arrested on Aug 18 by police in Pune and released on bail the next day.
Shah Rukh's manager was unavailable for comment.
However, sources close to Shah Rukh said the actor did not have any knowledge about the complaint lodged against him. -- BERNAMA