- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Celebrations on hold
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
KAJANG: A tyre shop owner and his female companion were found dead with multiple slash wounds at a house in Taman Segar Perdana in Batu 9 here early this morning.
Victims, Leong Kian Sheong, 37, and Vivien Wong, 20, were found in a reading room at the ground floor of the double-storey house with multiple slashes and stab wounds in their abdomens.
Leong’s friend, who declined to be identified said he had not been able to contact Leong since morning and had gone to his house at about 10pm to check on him.
He told the reporters that the front door was unlocked and found them lying in pools of blood next to each other.
Police who were alerted on the incident arrived at the scene at 10.30pm.
Initial investigation showed that there were no signs of forced entry into the house suggested that the murderer could be someone close to the victims.
Kajang police chief Assistant Commissioner Ab Rashid Ab Wahab said the victims’ personal belongings and two of Leong’s luxury vehicles including a Toyota Vellfire were missing.
“The suspect managed to flee the scene with the victims’ watches, jewellery and cash together with his BMW and Toyota Vellfire,” said ab Rashid.
He said police are investigating the case as murder and the bodies have been sent to Hospital Serdang for a post mortem.