- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Three people killed in road accident
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
GEORGE TOWN : Two sisters here have claimed trial to an attempted murder charge.
Lee Wai Mai, 63, and her sister Lee Wai Chee, 60, were jointly charged with stabbing Wai Mai's daughter-in-law Yeoh Kar Tin, 42.
The sisters were also accused of a second charge of causing mischief with fire on the victim's flat unit during the May 8 incident.
The victim, who also suffered 50 per cent burn injuries, was rescued by firefighters while putting put the blaze.