- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Celebrations on hold
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
SHAH ALAM: A site supervisor of a construction company was yesterday charged with five counts of cheating, falsifying documents and criminal breach of trust.
Chooi Kui Chan, 35, from Puchong was charged with cheating Zainol Mat on the price of renovation works his home. He also told Zainol to settle part of the payment of RM800.
He was also charged with two counts of falsifying receipts issued to customers by claiming he received a lower amount of payment, in order to cheat his company, and two other charges of criminal breach of trust amounting to RM3,449.
The offences were allegedly committed at Classic Construction and Renovation’s office premises at No. 51, Jalan Jejarom 3, Bandar Bukit Beruntung between Oct 15, 2011 and March 27, this year.
Judge Aslam Zainuddin granted Chooi RM12,000 bail with one surety for all the charges and fixed July 12 for trial.
DPP Fatin Hadni Kamaruddin prosecuted while Chooi was not represented.