- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
MALACCA: Six members of a family escaped a fire at their home in Jalan Kesidang 2/2 Lorong Pandan here early this morning.
The fire destroyed part of the kitchen and the back portion of the house.
State Fire Chief Isa Ahmad said the fire is believed to have started from the kitchen but the cause and loss is still being investigated.
Meanwhile, Diana Bahari, 18, the eldest member of the family said in the 2.30 am incident, she awoke from her sleep to see her room at the back portion of the terrace house full of black smoke.
"I quickly woke up my parents and three other siblings before rushing out of the house," she added.
Her father, Bahari Omar, estimated the loss from the fire at about RM100,000. -- BERNAMA