- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on More
MALACCA: Six members of a family escaped a fire at their home in Jalan Kesidang 2/2 Lorong Pandan here early this morning.
The fire destroyed part of the kitchen and the back portion of the house.
State Fire Chief Isa Ahmad said the fire is believed to have started from the kitchen but the cause and loss is still being investigated.
Meanwhile, Diana Bahari, 18, the eldest member of the family said in the 2.30 am incident, she awoke from her sleep to see her room at the back portion of the terrace house full of black smoke.
"I quickly woke up my parents and three other siblings before rushing out of the house," she added.
Her father, Bahari Omar, estimated the loss from the fire at about RM100,000. -- BERNAMA