- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Housemaid dies of shock during house break-in
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia lose 3-4 to Indonesia
- Fatal accident: British victim's family to reclaim body
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- PMR: Girl defies sleeping disorder to score 8A's
- Stranded plane blocks runway at South Sudan's Juba Airport
- Gang-rape charge for those abetting in one
- ASB unitholders to get 7.70 sen for a unit, also one sen bonus for a unit
- IGP's statement was misinterpreted: Sabah CP
- MCA 2013 : Youth passes 17 resolutions for party survival
- Failed heist at Jalan Ipoh money-lending agency
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Chemical science officers can now testify in court More
MALACCA: Six members of a family escaped a fire at their home in Jalan Kesidang 2/2 Lorong Pandan here early this morning.
The fire destroyed part of the kitchen and the back portion of the house.
State Fire Chief Isa Ahmad said the fire is believed to have started from the kitchen but the cause and loss is still being investigated.
Meanwhile, Diana Bahari, 18, the eldest member of the family said in the 2.30 am incident, she awoke from her sleep to see her room at the back portion of the terrace house full of black smoke.
"I quickly woke up my parents and three other siblings before rushing out of the house," she added.
Her father, Bahari Omar, estimated the loss from the fire at about RM100,000. -- BERNAMA