- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Teacher acquitted of molest charge
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend More
MALACCA: Six members of a family escaped a fire at their home in Jalan Kesidang 2/2 Lorong Pandan here early this morning.
The fire destroyed part of the kitchen and the back portion of the house.
State Fire Chief Isa Ahmad said the fire is believed to have started from the kitchen but the cause and loss is still being investigated.
Meanwhile, Diana Bahari, 18, the eldest member of the family said in the 2.30 am incident, she awoke from her sleep to see her room at the back portion of the terrace house full of black smoke.
"I quickly woke up my parents and three other siblings before rushing out of the house," she added.
Her father, Bahari Omar, estimated the loss from the fire at about RM100,000. -- BERNAMA