- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Denmark’s de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Couple want missing daughter to return home More
Kuala Lumpur: Six shophouses at the 18th Mile, Jalan Besar Ipoh, Rawang, near here, were destroyed in a fire this evening.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director (operations) Mohd Sani Harul said there were no casuaties in the 4pm incident.
He said the department received a call from the public on the fire and sent two fire trucks from Rawang and Selangor with 15 firemen to the scene.
"The fire trucks arrived at the scene 10 minutes later and the fire was put out in half-an-hour.
"The cause of the fire and losses are still being investigated," he told Bernama through the short-messaging service. -- Bernama