- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on More
KUALA LUMPUR: The six top post in the Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) - president, deputy president, two vice-presidents, secretary and finance secretary - have been won uncontested by the incumbents.
As expected, Astro Arena chief of staff Ahmad Khawari Mohd Isa retained the SAM president post for the 2012-2014 term at the SAM annual general meeting here today.
The other incumbents, who won uncontested, were Kosmo sports editor Asan Ahmad (deputy president), Eric Samuel from The Star (vice-president), Norismadi Abdul Manap from RTM (vice-president), Ahmed Faisal Jamal from RTM (secretary) and Mohd Ali Majid from Berita Harian (finance secretary).
Five executive committee members elected were Zulhilmi Supaat (Bernama), Mohd Hafizal Hamad (RTM), Izahar Atan (Karangkraf), Tumpang Sabtu (a freelance journalist) and Jalil Mat Dom (RTM).
Ahmad Khawari appointed Yu Nee Kong from Sin Chew Daily as an executive committee member in-charge-of sportswriters from Chinese dailies. Bernama