- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- “I thought I knew him...” More
KUALA LUMPUR: The six top post in the Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) - president, deputy president, two vice-presidents, secretary and finance secretary - have been won uncontested by the incumbents.
As expected, Astro Arena chief of staff Ahmad Khawari Mohd Isa retained the SAM president post for the 2012-2014 term at the SAM annual general meeting here today.
The other incumbents, who won uncontested, were Kosmo sports editor Asan Ahmad (deputy president), Eric Samuel from The Star (vice-president), Norismadi Abdul Manap from RTM (vice-president), Ahmed Faisal Jamal from RTM (secretary) and Mohd Ali Majid from Berita Harian (finance secretary).
Five executive committee members elected were Zulhilmi Supaat (Bernama), Mohd Hafizal Hamad (RTM), Izahar Atan (Karangkraf), Tumpang Sabtu (a freelance journalist) and Jalil Mat Dom (RTM).
Ahmad Khawari appointed Yu Nee Kong from Sin Chew Daily as an executive committee member in-charge-of sportswriters from Chinese dailies. Bernama