- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Cool, cool hills
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Cop, restaurant worker slashed
- Japan's elderly not acting their age More
SMEs told to support state's commitment to boost economy
KUALA TERENGGANU: Small- and medium-scale enterprise (SME) operators in Terengganu should embrace and support the state government's commitment to boost the state's economy.
Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said said the SME operators should also be wise in formulating strategies to manage and expand their businesses in line with the government's aspiration.
"If this can be achieved, it will not only benefit the government, but also the people as a whole.
"In order to further encourage the SME development, the state government will also ensure that entrepreneurial culture and business-friendly climate will become the focal point in making Terengganu the best business destination in the east coast a reality," he said.
The menteri besar said this in a text read by the State Rural Development, Entrepreneur and Cooperatives Committee chairman Datuk Mohamed Awang Tera at the launch of Eastern Region SME Week 2012 organised by SME Corporation Malaysia (SME Corp) here today.
Present were SME Corp chief executive officer Datuk Hafsah Hashim and Terengganu Entrepreneur Development Foundation chief executive officer Azmi Razik.
Meanwhile, Hafsah said the SME, which comprise over 99 percent of business entities in Malaysia, were the catalyst for economic growth.
"In recognition of their contributions in the economic development, the SME Week has been introduced and held simultaneously across the country.
"It aims to create awareness among consumers in the country, besides promoting SME products and services from various industries," he said. -- BERNAMA