- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 killed in crash
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- The real Bonnie and Clyde
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens
- 13 missing commandos found More
So-called "Islamic medicine practitioner" nabbed trying to have sex with woman
SEREMBAN: A man who claimed to be an Islamic medicine practitioner was arrested by the Negeri Sembilan Islamic Religious Affairs Department (Jheains) today while trying to perform sex on his patient he was treating at her house in Kampung LBJ, here, today.
The 48-year-old man was nabbed in a raid by Jheains at 12.30pm while trying to have sex with the 24-year-old woman, purportedly as part of the treatment.
Jheains enforcement division principal assistant director, Ahmad Husaini Mustafa said the suspect, from Kuala Lumpur, had earlier contacted the victim to treat her difficulty to conceive.
"Upon arriving at the victim's house, he recited some Quranic verses to treat her and perform 'nikah batin' (spiritual marriage) with her which was contrary to Islamic teachings.
"The man then tried to take advantage of the unsuspecting woman by performing sex on her, but his attempt was foiled by the Jheains raiding team," he told a news conference, here.
Ahmad Husaini said the raid was conducted following public information and complaints received.
"We believe the suspect, who is married with children, is not knowledgeable in Islam but was using Quranic verses to dupe the victim in order to take advantage of her."
He said a number of items including a Quran and a religious booklet believed to be used in the treatment, were also seized during the raid.
Ahmad Husaini said the suspect was believed to have been involved in the activity for quite some time, and their intial investigation showed that he had "treated" three women.
The case is being investigated under Section 49 of the Negeri Sembilan Syariah Criminal Enactment for misusing Quranic verses, Section 50 of the same Enactment for insulting Islam and Section 77 for seducing a woman. -- BERNAMA