- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- First catenary traffic light launched
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 17 shoplots gutted in morning blaze
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Petronas reports major gas find
- 5 killed in crash
- House owners return to begin the big clean-up
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Neocolonialism of our place names More
SANDAKAN: The role of the social media is now seen as a far-reaching and strategic machinery for the Barisan Nasional in the coming general election.
Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman said government-friendly social media played the role of correcting charges made by irresponsible parties, such as slanders and lies, in their blogs.
"Our social media partners should be quick to deflect slanderous attacks and correct inaccurate information.
"Theyare the agents who give the real explanation or picture," he said at the 1Malaysia Social Media Convention Series in Sabah for Zone 5 Umno here today.
The convention was held for the first time in the state for Zone 5 Umno which comprises Sandakan, Kinabatangan, Beluran, Libaran and Batu Sapi. Bernama