- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Preparing for the politics of change
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Faiq overcomes the odds
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash More
SANDAKAN: The role of the social media is now seen as a far-reaching and strategic machinery for the Barisan Nasional in the coming general election.
Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman said government-friendly social media played the role of correcting charges made by irresponsible parties, such as slanders and lies, in their blogs.
"Our social media partners should be quick to deflect slanderous attacks and correct inaccurate information.
"Theyare the agents who give the real explanation or picture," he said at the 1Malaysia Social Media Convention Series in Sabah for Zone 5 Umno here today.
The convention was held for the first time in the state for Zone 5 Umno which comprises Sandakan, Kinabatangan, Beluran, Libaran and Batu Sapi. Bernama