- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- Introduction of SOSMA to replace ISA draws mixed reaction from law practitioners
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- 'Umno to head Penang BN if Gerakan, MCA decline'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- 260,000 jobs by year-end
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House More
State Umno liaison bodies urged to be wary of saboteurs within the party
JITRA - State Umno liaison bodies have been urged to be wary of saboteurs within the party out to stop Barisan Nasional (BN) from winning the general election.
Umno secretary-general Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Mansor said sabotage of candidates or the party will not be tolerated as it led to BN losing several states four years ago.
"We have been monitoring development in each division. State Umno bodies have formed monitoring committees as party president Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak views sabotage seriously," he told reporters after opening Kubang Pasu Umno divisional meeting at Institut Perguruan Darul Aman here today.
Kubang Pasu Umno division chief and Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry, Datuk Mohd Johari Baharom was also present.
Tengku Adnan said seven Umno division which could can not hold their delegates meetings will be allowed to hold them before the end of this month.
"The delay by the seven divisions was because of time constraint and not an internal problem."
The Umno divisions include Kuala Kedah which will hold its delegates meeting on September 21.
"We in Umno are not like those in PKR ((Parti Keadilan Rakyat) who quarreled and threw chairs," he added. - BERNAMA