- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- NYC woman gets probation for stalking actress
- Ministry urges further charge in syariah or sessions court for rape accused
- Mais non! French universities may teach in English
- 7 dead in Afghan suicide blast: officials
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Three people killed in road accident
- Wanted suspect caught after dramatic car chase
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child More
IPOH: A Form Four student of a secondary school in Kampung Gajah near here sustained bruises on the back, leg and face after being hit by 18 of his schoolmates for allegedly stealing RM100 belonging to a student at the school hostel yesterday.
Muhammad Fareez Akmar Mustapa, 16, when met at his house in Manjoi today, said the incident happened about 1.30am.
"I was in my dorm when they came and pulled me to a room at the hostel and beat me up with slippers and broom sticks after I denied stealing the money," he added.
He claimed that despite his appeals, they continued to beat him for about three hours and then left him in the room.
Muhammad Fareez said he then called his mother and asked her to come to the hostel.
His mother, Azian Ismail, 40, said he had lodged a police report on the incident and also sent her son to a hospital for treatment.
She wanted the school to investigate and take action against those who hit her son.
"If no action is taken against them, I plan to take the matter to court," she added.
Meanwhile, Central Perak district police chief Supt Mohamad Fakri Che Sulaiman, when contacted, confirmed that a report had been lodged. -- BERNAMA