- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- End near if self denial continues
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby More
KOTA BARU: Little did a student expect that what he thought was just crumpled-up and bloodied newspapers contained a baby boy who was still alive.
Mohd Razif Zaid, 15, a student of Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Tanjung Mas, here, said he found the baby wrapped in newspapers near some shrubs while heading to school with a friend at 7.20am.
"My friend and I were shocked when we saw the blood-stained newspapers by the bushes and when we went closer, we saw a newborn baby boy wrapped in them.
"I then told a school canteen worker about the find and he informed the police," he told reporters at the scene.
Mohd Razif said when he saw the baby, which still had its umbilical cord, it was quiet.
"I saw his body, legs and ears were reddish. Maybe he was bitten by ants after being left on the ground. This is the first incident I have encountered during my three years of schooling here," he said.
Kota Baru district police chief, ACP Azham Othman when contacted, confirmed the incident and said the baby had been sent to Raja Perempuan Zainab II Hospital for examination.
"The 2.25kg baby is healthy and active and does not have any defects except for ant-bite marks on his body.
"The baby could have been dumped there at about 7am and we are looking for the suspects," he said. -- BERNAMA