- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Esplanade gathering organiser hauled up
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Taiwan fighter jet crashes, 2nd in a week
- Water supply in KL restored: Syabas
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Taiwan, Japan, Denmark book places in Sudirman Cup quarterfinals
- Philippines approves three new wind farms
- Saudi women teachers demanding full time jobs More
Student from Guatemala charged in court with attempted murder
PETALING JAYA: A college student from Guatemala was charged in the Sessions court, here, yesterday with attempted murder of a policeman by running over him with a car.
John Bayron Coronado Toledo, 23, pleaded not guilty to the charge of attempting to murder Sazali Abdul Samek near a house in USJ, Subang Jaya at 9.25pm on May 26.
Deputy public prosecutor Ching Kian Chun asked the court not to allow the accused bail because he did not have any valid travel documents on him.
Judge Suraiya Mustafa Kamal made no order as to bail and set Oct 2 for mention.
The charge under Section 307 of the Penal Code carries a maximum jail sentence of 20 years upon conviction.