- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Love and support for Capt Zaharie fills social media
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia welcomes SAR assistance from other countries More
'Survivor' producer faces trial for wife's murder
LOS ANGELES - Reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman is willing to face trial in Mexico for the murder of his wife after losing his fight against extradition, his lawyers said Tuesday.
Beresford-Redman, 40, an Emmy-nominated former producer of CBS’s “Survivor” and MTV’s “Pimp My Ride,” is accused in the death of Monica Burgos, 41, his Brazilian-born wife of 11 years, at a Cancun resort in April 2010.
In a statement, his lawyers Richard Hirsch and Vicki Podberesky expressed disappointment with last week’s decision by a US District Court judge to approve a Mexican request for his extradition.
They added: “After consultation with him, Bruce has decided not to appeal the decision and to return to Mexico and defend himself on the charges.” “He is innocent and it is his hope that the court in Mexico will assure that he receives a fair trial in which, he is confident, he will be exonerated.”
Burgos was found naked and dead in a sewer at the Cancun resort where Beresford-Redman had reported her missing three days earlier during a holiday with their two children. - AFP