- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing More
'Survivor' producer faces trial for wife's murder
LOS ANGELES - Reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman is willing to face trial in Mexico for the murder of his wife after losing his fight against extradition, his lawyers said Tuesday.
Beresford-Redman, 40, an Emmy-nominated former producer of CBS’s “Survivor” and MTV’s “Pimp My Ride,” is accused in the death of Monica Burgos, 41, his Brazilian-born wife of 11 years, at a Cancun resort in April 2010.
In a statement, his lawyers Richard Hirsch and Vicki Podberesky expressed disappointment with last week’s decision by a US District Court judge to approve a Mexican request for his extradition.
They added: “After consultation with him, Bruce has decided not to appeal the decision and to return to Mexico and defend himself on the charges.” “He is innocent and it is his hope that the court in Mexico will assure that he receives a fair trial in which, he is confident, he will be exonerated.”
Burgos was found naked and dead in a sewer at the Cancun resort where Beresford-Redman had reported her missing three days earlier during a holiday with their two children. - AFP