- New PTPTN rules soon
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Moyes driving us mad!
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- 'No place for Shia'
- 8 injured as express bus overturns
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres More
'Survivor' producer faces trial for wife's murder
LOS ANGELES - Reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman is willing to face trial in Mexico for the murder of his wife after losing his fight against extradition, his lawyers said Tuesday.
Beresford-Redman, 40, an Emmy-nominated former producer of CBS’s “Survivor” and MTV’s “Pimp My Ride,” is accused in the death of Monica Burgos, 41, his Brazilian-born wife of 11 years, at a Cancun resort in April 2010.
In a statement, his lawyers Richard Hirsch and Vicki Podberesky expressed disappointment with last week’s decision by a US District Court judge to approve a Mexican request for his extradition.
They added: “After consultation with him, Bruce has decided not to appeal the decision and to return to Mexico and defend himself on the charges.” “He is innocent and it is his hope that the court in Mexico will assure that he receives a fair trial in which, he is confident, he will be exonerated.”
Burgos was found naked and dead in a sewer at the Cancun resort where Beresford-Redman had reported her missing three days earlier during a holiday with their two children. - AFP