- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Indonesia says Singapore 'behaving like a child' over haze
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- Islam is my driving force, says author
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Family members hold seventh-day prayers More
Swiss rail claims Apple copied its iconic clocks
BERLIN: Switzerland’s national rail company is accusing Apple Inc. of stealing the iconic look of its station clocks for the iOS 6 operating system used by iPhone and iPad mobile devices.
Both designs have a round clock face with black indicators except for the second hand which is red.
An SBB spokesman says the rail company is “proud” the tech giant chose to copy the 68-year-old design.
But Reto Kormann told The Associated Press on Friday that Apple hadn’t asked for permission before doing so.
Kormann says SBB will seek an amicable agreement and compensation from Apple.
An Apple representative in Germany declined to comment immediately on SBB’s claim.
Apple itself has launched several patent, design and trademark claims against rival companies in the past. -- AP