- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- Floods fail to deter couple
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating' More
Swiss rail claims Apple copied its iconic clocks
BERLIN: Switzerland’s national rail company is accusing Apple Inc. of stealing the iconic look of its station clocks for the iOS 6 operating system used by iPhone and iPad mobile devices.
Both designs have a round clock face with black indicators except for the second hand which is red.
An SBB spokesman says the rail company is “proud” the tech giant chose to copy the 68-year-old design.
But Reto Kormann told The Associated Press on Friday that Apple hadn’t asked for permission before doing so.
Kormann says SBB will seek an amicable agreement and compensation from Apple.
An Apple representative in Germany declined to comment immediately on SBB’s claim.
Apple itself has launched several patent, design and trademark claims against rival companies in the past. -- AP