- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- DPM: PTDs should be catalysts of economic growth
- Sabah could be the next stopping point for luxury retailers More
Swiss rail claims Apple copied its iconic clocks
BERLIN: Switzerland’s national rail company is accusing Apple Inc. of stealing the iconic look of its station clocks for the iOS 6 operating system used by iPhone and iPad mobile devices.
Both designs have a round clock face with black indicators except for the second hand which is red.
An SBB spokesman says the rail company is “proud” the tech giant chose to copy the 68-year-old design.
But Reto Kormann told The Associated Press on Friday that Apple hadn’t asked for permission before doing so.
Kormann says SBB will seek an amicable agreement and compensation from Apple.
An Apple representative in Germany declined to comment immediately on SBB’s claim.
Apple itself has launched several patent, design and trademark claims against rival companies in the past. -- AP