- UPDATE: MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people: carrier
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- Statement on missing MAS plane, Flight MH370: CEO
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- PAC will not investigate Malaysia Airlines
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- Johor: We have not waived our right on water rates
- Kajang voters have opportunity to elect a responsible assemblyman
- Mom shocked to find out 14-yr old daughter pregnant and victim of incest
- Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production More
Swiss rail claims Apple copied its iconic clocks
BERLIN: Switzerland’s national rail company is accusing Apple Inc. of stealing the iconic look of its station clocks for the iOS 6 operating system used by iPhone and iPad mobile devices.
Both designs have a round clock face with black indicators except for the second hand which is red.
An SBB spokesman says the rail company is “proud” the tech giant chose to copy the 68-year-old design.
But Reto Kormann told The Associated Press on Friday that Apple hadn’t asked for permission before doing so.
Kormann says SBB will seek an amicable agreement and compensation from Apple.
An Apple representative in Germany declined to comment immediately on SBB’s claim.
Apple itself has launched several patent, design and trademark claims against rival companies in the past. -- AP