- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- “I thought I knew him...”
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend More
Swiss rail claims Apple copied its iconic clocks
BERLIN: Switzerland’s national rail company is accusing Apple Inc. of stealing the iconic look of its station clocks for the iOS 6 operating system used by iPhone and iPad mobile devices.
Both designs have a round clock face with black indicators except for the second hand which is red.
An SBB spokesman says the rail company is “proud” the tech giant chose to copy the 68-year-old design.
But Reto Kormann told The Associated Press on Friday that Apple hadn’t asked for permission before doing so.
Kormann says SBB will seek an amicable agreement and compensation from Apple.
An Apple representative in Germany declined to comment immediately on SBB’s claim.
Apple itself has launched several patent, design and trademark claims against rival companies in the past. -- AP