- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport More
Teenager guilty of murdering Indonesian woman to be detained
SEREMBAN: The High Court here today ordered a teenager who was found guilty of murdering an Indonesian woman last year to be detained at the pleasure of the Yang Dipertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan.
Justice Datuk Zulkifli Bakar handed down the sentence on the 17-year-old in accordance with Section 97 (2)(b) of the Child Act 2001 considering that he was 16 years-old when he committed the offence.
The teenager and his 24-year-old cousin, Mohd Azmi Ibrahim, were charged with murdering Christy Erny, 19, at No. 13, Taman Desa Permai, Simpang Durian, Jelebu near here, between 2pm and 5pm on May 12 last year.
The charge carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.
Mohd Azmi Ibrahim was also found guilty and was sentenced to death by the same court last June 1.
The court had allowed the defence to obtain a probation report from the Social Welfare Department on the teenager for its evaluation before handing down the sentence today.
Deputy public prosecutor Wan Shaharuddin Wan Ladin prosecuted, while lawyer Hanif Hassan represented the teenager. -- BERNAMA