- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- End near if self denial continues
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB More
Tekun grants loans to 19,615 entrepreneurs, petty traders
RAUB: Some 19,615 entrepreneurs and petty traders in Pahang have received loans under the TEKUN financing facility worth RM143 million to expand their businesses.
According to Dong assemblyman Datuk Shahiruddin Ab Moin, the loan recipients were involved in businesses like restaurants, sundry shops, selling vegetables, fish and poultry as well as small and medium enterprises (SME).
“Although TEKUN offers small loans which start with RM5,000 as capital, it has produced many successful entrepreneurs and petty traders and can even get loans up to RM50,000," he told reporters after visiting TEKUN entrepreneurs and traders here.
Also present during the visit was Pahang TEKUN director Hassan Annuar. -- BERNAMA