- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Health monitoring system mobilised nationwide due to haze
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- 7,000 Facebook users shared video clip on collapsed lightning arrestor
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Paris tackles rudeness to tourists with new manual
- World powers to meet on Syrian rebel demands More
Terengganu gives RM53,000 to build house for fire victim
MARANG: The Terengganu government has approved a RM53,000 allocation to build a house for a family who lost their home in a fire in Kampung Tebakang here.
Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said said RM33,000 of the allocation was from Darul Iman Fund and the remaining from the Alor Limbat state constituency fund.
"Construction work on the three-bedroom house will begin tomorrow and I hope it will be ready in three weeks," he told reporters after visiting Tun Mamat Tun Jambol, 56, and his family today.
Tun Mamat, wife Fatimah Said, 44, and their family are seeking shelter at a relative's home after their house was destroyed in a fire last Tuesday.
Also present was Alor Limbat Assemblyman Alias Abdullah. -- BERNAMA