- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Moyes is the real deal
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Toddler drowns in pail of water More
Terengganu seeks expert help on periodisation training plan
KUALA TERENGGANU: As part of preparations for those sports involved in the 2013 Mini Sukma and 2014 Sukan Malaysia (Sukma), the Terengganu State Sports Council (MSNT) sought the help of sports specialists from local universities to run a three-day workshop on the formulation of a periodisation training plan.
The 2013 Mini Sukma will be held in Kuala Lumpur while the biennial Sukma in 2014 is being hosted by Perlis.
MSNT Director Zainal Abidin Hussin said the specialists were Prof Madya Dr Khairi Nawi from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Prof Madya Dr Khairi
Nawi of Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Prof Madya Dr Mohd Razali Abdullah and Dr Kee Kang Mea of Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM).
"The workshop at the Gong Badak Indoor Stadium last week was attended by coaches, team managers and state association secretaries, to come up with a specific and effective training plan," he told Bernama here today.
He said the reason for seeking the assistance of specialists from outside Terengganu Zainal was for the MSNT to develop a training masterplan for all the sports concerned.
He said the MSNT took the opportunity of the fasting month to plan the training programme as it is expected to actually begin on Aug 26 for all the sports and athletes.
"The workshop was also held early to ensure that we continue to repeat our excellent performance at the Sukma," he added.
The Terengganu contingent has finished overall champions four consecutive times, that is, at Sukma Terengganu (2008), Sukma Melaka (2010) Mini Sukma Kuala Lumpur (2011) at the Sukma Pahang this July.
"However, some sports such as weightlifting, cycling and canoeing had already began their training prior to the workshop," he added.
Zainal Abidin said at the end of the workshop, every sport had its periodisation training plan.
"The plan, which will also be the training masterplan, is to be monitored and discussed at each meeting of the working committee and the operations committee, of the sports involved. -- BERNAMA