- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 died
- 'Unidentified plane is MH370'
- Nigeria gunmen raze teachers residence at girls school More
The Global Movement of the Moderates Foundation will be formally launched in January
The Global Movement of the Moderates Foundation will be formally launched in January, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced yesterday.
It would be launched at the inaugural International Con ference on the Global Movement of the Moderates to take place in Kuala Lumpur on Jan 17 to 19.
"It is my great honour to extend to all of you an invitation to the event, which is being organised by the Malaysian In ternational Islamic University's Alumni," Najid said when adressing his audience at the East-West Centre in Hawaii.
In his speech, Najib said it is time for the majority who are peace-loving a moderate to ensure that their voices are heard, not just the voices of moderate Muslims but those of moderate Christians, moderate Hindus, moderate Jews, moderate atheists.
Najib also said the drive for moderation will fail if leaders of governments, businesses, churches and universities sim ply see it as an academic exercise.
Najib first told the world about his vision on moderation when adressing the United Nations General Assembly in September last year.