- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Parents of victims attack top official
- DAP's Nga chided over Tunship call
- White House national security aide Susan Rice to meet Anwar
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- klia2 receives ICAO nod, first landing
- MH370 Tragedy: Opposition leader warned from speculating on missing plane
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- Obama's visit a recognition for Malaysia, says Jamaluddin Jarjis
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- It's Obama's right to see Anwar or not: Dr M
- Obama to launch MaGIC in Cyberjaya on Sunday
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia to release preliminary report next week: PM
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families More
The Global Movement of the Moderates Foundation will be formally launched in January
The Global Movement of the Moderates Foundation will be formally launched in January, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced yesterday.
It would be launched at the inaugural International Con ference on the Global Movement of the Moderates to take place in Kuala Lumpur on Jan 17 to 19.
"It is my great honour to extend to all of you an invitation to the event, which is being organised by the Malaysian In ternational Islamic University's Alumni," Najid said when adressing his audience at the East-West Centre in Hawaii.
In his speech, Najib said it is time for the majority who are peace-loving a moderate to ensure that their voices are heard, not just the voices of moderate Muslims but those of moderate Christians, moderate Hindus, moderate Jews, moderate atheists.
Najib also said the drive for moderation will fail if leaders of governments, businesses, churches and universities sim ply see it as an academic exercise.
Najib first told the world about his vision on moderation when adressing the United Nations General Assembly in September last year.