- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Family of Texas man comforted by faith
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again More
The Global Movement of the Moderates Foundation will be formally launched in January
The Global Movement of the Moderates Foundation will be formally launched in January, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced yesterday.
It would be launched at the inaugural International Con ference on the Global Movement of the Moderates to take place in Kuala Lumpur on Jan 17 to 19.
"It is my great honour to extend to all of you an invitation to the event, which is being organised by the Malaysian In ternational Islamic University's Alumni," Najid said when adressing his audience at the East-West Centre in Hawaii.
In his speech, Najib said it is time for the majority who are peace-loving a moderate to ensure that their voices are heard, not just the voices of moderate Muslims but those of moderate Christians, moderate Hindus, moderate Jews, moderate atheists.
Najib also said the drive for moderation will fail if leaders of governments, businesses, churches and universities sim ply see it as an academic exercise.
Najib first told the world about his vision on moderation when adressing the United Nations General Assembly in September last year.