- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires
- Housewife cheated of RM20,000 worth of jewellery
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree More
KAJANG: Two thieves were caught in the act by police as they and three others were in the midst of looting a petrol station in Semenyih here today morning.
In the 5.20am incident, five suspects armed with sharp weapons and a hammer broke into the 24-hour Petronas outlet’s convenience store after smashing its front glass door.
District deputy police chief Superintendent Azman Ayub said two Bangladeshi workers who were manning the station’s counter went into hiding after seeing the five suspects and immediately notified the police.
“The thieves started looting the convenience store, taking RM800 cash from the counter and several cartons of cigarette, among others.
“Responding to the distress call, a team of policemen on patrol arrived at the scene five minutes later and tried to apprehend the suspects,” said Azman.
Shocked with the police arrival, the suspects tried to flee from the scene.
However, two of them on a motorcycle were nabbed after they tried to ram into a police car.
“Three others fled on foot to a nearby area. We are scrutinising the station’s CCTV recordings to identify them,” he said.
Police seized all three motorcycles used by the robbers, including one which was reported stolen in Sungai Besi earlier this year. Other items seized were a hammer, screwdriver, steel rod, parang and car steering lock.
Azman said the two suspects nabbed are youths in their 20s, and they are being remanded to facilitate investigations.