- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- End near if self denial continues
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
KAJANG: Two thieves were caught in the act by police as they and three others were in the midst of looting a petrol station in Semenyih here today morning.
In the 5.20am incident, five suspects armed with sharp weapons and a hammer broke into the 24-hour Petronas outlet’s convenience store after smashing its front glass door.
District deputy police chief Superintendent Azman Ayub said two Bangladeshi workers who were manning the station’s counter went into hiding after seeing the five suspects and immediately notified the police.
“The thieves started looting the convenience store, taking RM800 cash from the counter and several cartons of cigarette, among others.
“Responding to the distress call, a team of policemen on patrol arrived at the scene five minutes later and tried to apprehend the suspects,” said Azman.
Shocked with the police arrival, the suspects tried to flee from the scene.
However, two of them on a motorcycle were nabbed after they tried to ram into a police car.
“Three others fled on foot to a nearby area. We are scrutinising the station’s CCTV recordings to identify them,” he said.
Police seized all three motorcycles used by the robbers, including one which was reported stolen in Sungai Besi earlier this year. Other items seized were a hammer, screwdriver, steel rod, parang and car steering lock.
Azman said the two suspects nabbed are youths in their 20s, and they are being remanded to facilitate investigations.